Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Elle Stone
<ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:
On 11/19/2014 10:47 PM, Simon Budig wrote:

Since a few questions have popped up on IRC and it really is a weird
concept to grasp I thought I'd expand a bit on the color math that is
being discussed here. Sorry it is so long, I hope it is somewhat
entertaining though  :)

Most of what you said is exactly right.

To reiterate: Every XYZ coordinate can be represented in the terms of
sRGB primaries.

Above is exactly true. You can DISPLAY and STORE all colors using the sRGB
chromaticities.

What you can't do is EDIT using sRGB as a universal RGB working space.

I'm not going to rehearse all the problems that are caused by trying to
force EDITING to be done using the sRGB chromaticities.

You can DISPLAY and STORE all colors using sRGB chromaticities. But EDITING
is a different matter.

Yes, all of the above is true. I've said the same myself. In fact I've
written articles on the topic.

Again, EDITING is different from STORING and DISPLAYING.

Then why have you argued against everyone trying to explain this to you?

--
Mikael Magnusson