Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

Michael Henning did understand and did make appropriate changes to babl's
hard-coded sRGB Y values. But I doubt whether any of the other devs
understood; if they did, babl wouldn't still use D65 device sRGB to convert
to XYZ before converting to LAB, and GIMP wouldn't still be full of
hard-coded D65 device sRGB Y values. See:

Elle, assuming that things are not done/fixed, because we don't
understand them or don't care about them, is simply incorrect. We have
a roadmapful of things we care about which still need someone to work
on. It really is that easy.

By now, it's been repeated about a dozen of times that we had adjusted
our plans in the past to honor your useful input, and we are going to
do so in the future __time permitting__. Is there a good reason why
there should be another dozen of times for this to be said in the
public?

As Michael already stated, there are things we simply don't know yet,
because they are implementation details. hence we don't have all the
answers for you. Please show us some patience.

Alex