Re: [Gimp-developer] [GUI] Scrollbars for Script-Fu dialogs

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 10:03 -0500, gtux gimpchat com wrote:
[...]

. There are times
when I can't get rid of any input fields and still provide the
functionality and flexibility needed to create a great script.

Sometimes a secondary dialogue box is used, and sometimes an expandable
area within an existing dialogue box; both of these could conceivably be
implemented for script-fu.

[...] at times, scrollbars is
actually a better solution, say for those last two checkboxes that run off
the screen.

It always frustrates me that some of the built-in docks do this - e.g. I
can't see whether Dodge is working on shadows, midtones or highlights
without scrolling the tool options dialogue.

In that particular case, splitting between the common settings of
opacity, paint mode, brush, and the size / aspects ratio / angle
duplicated from the brush editor, the paint dynamics "Pressure Opacity"
and the cryptic "Use GimpApplicator" all push down the options specific
to this tool. So "Paint Options" and "Tool Options", and maybe giving
Paint options a "collapse when not in use" so I don't have to look at
Brush Size when I'm using the rectangle selection tool, would be a big
improvement.

But in general dialogues have to be able to scroll, yes, because
sometimes the screen is small, or the dock is narrow, or you are
entering a 45 x 45 matrix of numbers for convolution...