Re: [Gimp-developer] Get pointer coordinates in a python script

All painting is GEGL based in 2.10; I don't think there is any plan to
allow arbitrary ops for painting. You can't retrieve coordinates is
because plugins run in their own process and can't access Gimp's event
loop or windows. It would be hypothetically possible for Gimp to pump
events across to the plugin process, but my understand is that
preventing plugins from interacting with Gimp's GUI was an intentional
design decision.