Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Burnie West <west ieee org> wrote:
As Peter pointed out - what do  you type in on Mint/Cinnamon if you happen
to speak Chinese?

Either the same string, or a string that matches the translated
portions of the menu entry (or its description).

Staying with the same example, then English menu entry is 'Chromium
Web Browser'.  When switching to Spanish or Chinese, the 'Chromium'
remains the same while 'Web Browser' is translated.  So in Chinese one
can either enter 'chr' or a portion of the translated 'Web Browser' in
Chinese.  I'm assuming most if not all menu entries in GIMP are
already translated - am I missing something?

(getting my dekstop back to English was a small adventure, not being
able to speak Chinese even a little ;)

Chris