Re: [Gimp-developer] Kickstarter

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Alexander Varnin wrote:

I think it is better to use bountysource and like this to finance Gimp
development.

I think you need to start from definition of "financing GIMP
development" here :)

Personally, I'd like to see people working full-time on GIMP. However
that suggests a complete reorganization of the way GIMP is being
currently developed. It still might happen, but probably not any time
soon.

Realistically what is possible to do right now (as  proved by the GEGL
samplers project) is for contributors to do personal fundraisers. We
could even coordinate those efforts (we need to review the code before
merging anyway).

A particular choice of platform for getting the money makes very
little difference. What makes difference is:

- interest from contributors;
- organization;
- coordination;
- media support.

However, my attempt had not so much result:
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1335023-wishing-for-history-brush

Without proper media support? Sorry to be blunt, but that was only to
be expected.

Alexandre