[Gimp-developer] 32 bit bmp files again

I know this is an old topic but I am having trouble, producing 24 bit .bmp
files is good. If I add alpha layer and save (export) to .bmp, it's not
good. (to save 32 bit pixel image) Windows API simply will not load the
file. I've tried changing 'save colorspace information' and this does not
work.
Any fix? I guess I have to try a different program.  Don't need any special
functionality, just a 32 bit file that the windows api can load. (the
LoadImage() api function in win32)
Thanks!