Re: [Gimp-developer] Fwd: Gimp Registry Future

Hi,

I understand and support your request for a clear specification, but would
say that it is something to be discussed jointly. I wouldn't presume to
"demand" anything of a client-side developer. This would be more of a talk,
where we see what's possible easily, what would be more effort, etc. It
would be ideal if there would be a person who has an own interest in this,
and can propose solutions.

I guess the overall idea is to have the functionality of the current
web-based registry but without discussions/comments. We could keep data
entry on the web-site for a while, and have the plug-in do query and
download/install only.

Regarding the server-side, my preference would be to keep Drupal right now.
We can fairly easily expose the existing database through the "Services"
module (see https://drupal.org/project/services). Once we have a clear
interface, changing either side should be possible at a later stage.

cheers