Re: [Gimp-developer] GSOC 2013 - n-point image deformation

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Marek Dvoroznak wrote:
Hello,

I would like to participate in this year's GSOC. As a school project, I
implemented as-rigid-as-possible (and as-similar-as-possible) n-point
image deformation. I've thought it would be useful to have a tool
implementing this in GIMP. I know that at the moment similar effect can
be achieved with Cage Transform tool, but with n-point image deformation
it's much easier.

I planned to make a plugin implementing this type of deformation as a
part of my thesis, but unfortunately I had to change my thesis' topic.

Could this be a suitable project for GSOC under GIMP?

I'm attaching a link to a video clip showing a character deformed using
Cage Transform tool and also using as-rigid-as-possible deformation:
http://youtu.be/ieaHvHAcNRE

So this is more like Puppet Warp really :) And it does look very impressive!

IMHO, it would be a great GSoC project.

How is it performance-wise? How well does it work on fairly large images?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org