Re: [Gimp-developer] now: project ideas, was: unified transform tool

Are you talking about adding more options to the existing Align/Distribute tool?
Have you tried using the alignment tool?  You're basically describing the needs it was created to address.

Wow. Nice. I hadn't tried this earlier.
This indeed addresses the issue I had in mind.

In my mind, I expected this to work more like the move tool.
I pictured something like 'move and snap to layer edges'.
That I think, would be effective. (I'll gladly elaborate on this idea if needed)
Also, it could be a good UI and UX exercise trying to model this out.

Thanks for telling me about this tool.
I shall use it more extensively and get back.