Re: [Gimp-developer] problem with standalone perl script

On 13-06-21 03:33 PM, salsaman wrote:
I have a standalone perl script which used to work fine with older
versions of gimp, but now for some reason with 2.8 at least, when I
call "exit main;" the on_run callback is never triggered.

I'm surprised it even works at all with the 2.8 version of GIMP. I haven't tried building the gimp-perl module for GIMP in quite some time as I've been busy on other projects. The gimp-perl code is ugly and really needs a complete overhaul/rewrite.

I can't compile gimp-perl right now as I haven't re-installed some of the needed perl modules since I moved to Linux Mint. I will have a look at the state of gimp-perl and GIMP 2.8 in the future. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it as I won't be doing much with it any time soon.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.