Re: [Gimp-developer] How to change the source code for removing the filename suggesting behavior of Saving dialog in Gimp 2.4.7

Hello Minhsien0330,

I think I can respond on behalf on most developers here to say that
programming is not that easy for us to just be able to tell you what
is to be changed in a snap. It would require someone to checkout this
very old code, test it, then read the code, understand it, see where
your problem (which I personally hardly understand with your
explanation, you should be more accurate) is, then what is the right
fix. In other words, even for a problem which may look (or even be)
simple, it may take a long time (more or less depending on the
developer and how well one knows the GIMP code, but still too much).

Moreover you have a use case which does not even appear as a bug to me
(why remove filename suggestion behavior? At best if you don't like
this suggestion, this is a feature request for better usability maybe,
not a bug), and on an extremely old version of GIMP (I see the last
commit on gimp-2-4 version is 2008! That's like dinosaur code in an
active software like GIMP). So that's not even a code we'll be able or
want to reuse anyway.
In other words, I feel that none will be able to help.

You are free to find your solution yourself and change the code on a
private repository, even redistribute it if you believe other people
would appreciate it. You can also hire someone to do it for you.
The software is Free, the code is modifiable, and so on. That's what
the GPL license is for.
But I hardly believe anyone from the current team will step up
otherwise and do it for free. This is not that we don't want to help.
But we all have limited time and I am pretty sure I can speak for
others too saying we prefer to use this time for features useful to
anyone AND on the current development version. I hope you will
understand. And sorry for this. I sincerely hope you will find a
solution to your problem, but don't take personally the fact that none
answered you until now. And unfortunately for you, I doubt you will
have much more answer later as well.

Jehan