Re: [Gimp-developer] unified transform tool

> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:07:35 -0300
> From: freewanderer rocketmail com
> To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] unified transform tool
>
> Well, that's something that was puzzling my mind: How an icon for
> unified transform would look like? I was even trying it out as an art
> exercise :) If it showed all of the arrows that its related to - scale,
> rotate, etc. the icon would be a mess. A clever solution for this will
> be a good art example, I think!

Speaking of looks, when I saw the design mockup for what the tool overlay may look like (http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Image:No_parallel.png) and what regions you click on to do what kind of transform - my first immediate impression was "too many handles!"  Recipe for misclicks, especially the way scale and perspective handles are inset/outset on the same corners.  I'm personally partial to Inkscape's method of displaying transform handles - simply click on the selection repeatedly and it cycles through which set of handles (scaling, shear/rotate) it shows the user.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com