Re: [Gimp-developer] Single build for various OSX versions (Was: [Gimp-user] Open Gimp)

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM, scl <scl gplus gmail com> wrote:
On 9.12.2013 at 4:23 AM Jon Nordby wrote:

Apart from that, I think the solution for regular and consistent
builds that many can contribute to is to get the build scripts
upstream, and set up continious integration.

+1

+1 here too!
I think this is exactly the kind of issues that could be fixed by
working all together upstream into 1 single awesome release instead of
having everyone making one's own personal build in one's corner, each
with their ups and downs.

There seems to be definite knowledge that is spread at least 3 people
already in this thread (Simone, Partha, and Jon). Instead it could be
gathered and shared to all in our repository.
That's just a repetition of the previous threads we had about this.
But we would really appreciate to get propositions to improve the
upstream release. Give us your scripts and your patches! :-D
This would be awesome.
Thanks.

Jehan

I also considered integrating OSX builds into our Jenkins-CI in a later
step. As yet I thought of using the JHBuild based solution in /build/osx
(in the gimp-2-8 branch) and I think that's the proper destination if
Partha or sb. else wants to push upstream.
As build environment I consider either using an OS X VM on an OS X
host or crossbuilding from Linux to OS X if that's possible.

Kind regards,

Sven