Re: [Gimp-developer] Single build for various OSX versions (Was: [Gimp-user] Open Gimp)

On 8 December 2013 23:45, Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com> wrote:
It means that I installed Xcode from Snow Leopard on my system. While gcc
has not changed (version 4.2.1) I believe the support files are different.

So what I do is set /Developer/usr/bin as the first entry in my path. Also,
I pass LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to point to /Developer/SDKs etc.

I do have 4.8.0 which I built and installed in ~/local/bin

I'm pretty sure that you don't need a custom XCode install. The 10.6
SDK comes with XCode for OSX 10.9 (or you can install it from inside
XCode). You do need to set all the right flags though. I beliieve
these are all, but I don't have a Mac to verify now.

-mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -isysroot/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
-DMACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6

Apart from that, I think the solution for regular and consistent
builds that many can contribute to is to get the build scripts
upstream, and set up continious integration.
TravisCI is free for open source projects and can build for Mac OSX.
http://about.travis-ci.org/docs/user/osx-ci-environment/

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com