Re: [Gimp-developer] Query: Saving history already discussed?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Sam Gleske wrote:
I wasn't sure whether to ask this in gimp-dev or gimp-user.  I've been
searching through the archives but I can't really get a clear picture of
the situation.  Here's my question:

Has saving the undo history as part of the XCF format been discussed?

Yes. It's doable once transition to GEGL is finalized, a the new file
format is planned with that feature in mind.

Alexandre