Re: [Gimp-developer] Rethinking mailing list rules

On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 17:48 +0200, Gfxuser wrote:

> http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Mindstorm:_Rework_of_mailing_list_rules

> Secondly I think it's useful to publish these rules on new mailing list
> subscriptions and regularly.

Agree about posting list rules, and this is a really good start but I
think it needs to be MUCH shorter or people won't read them.

I'd suggest try to get down to 6 or 7 short statements with links to
more detail where it'd be useful.

List only the absolutes, and link to guidelines separately.

Well, maybe something really short like this:

List posting Guidelines

1. stay on topic; people are busy
2. do not attack other people
3. check bugzilla [1] before reporting problems
4. GIMP is not PhotoShop; don't assume people know other software
5. messages are to be in English and in plain text (not HTML).
6. see [2] for how to report problems
7. Thank you for being part of the GIMP commmunity.

Where 1 and 2 are links into the wiki, and also perhaps to

And then linking to a longer page like the wiki would be fine.

Liam