Re: [Gimp-developer] Shape layers for GIMP?

El 08/09/12 16:23, Jeremy Morton escribió:
I think the first stage, to make it really useful, would be to incorporate the Script-fu layer effects here into GIMP proper:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/186

Are they already in GIMP? I can't see most of them. Once they were in, GIMP could apply them to shape layers automatically.

Those layer effects are just scripts inspired in Photoshop's layer effects (which are non-destructive and editable). As far as I know having GIMP ported completely to GEGL will make things like that possible (while the old core didn't), but still somebody has to code the feature. I'm afraid it's not as simple as incorporate the existing effects to GIMP proper.

Regarding the original topic, I remember there was a "vector layers" GSoC project that never made it into GIMP. It's from 2006, so it was designed for the old core, but maybe somebody could take a look, at least to see if some of that code is useful for introducing the feature to the new GEGLized GIMP.

Gez.