Re: [Gimp-developer] Path stroking mysteries

On 19 October 2012 01:37, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 02:48 +0200, Ofnuts wrote:
>> - Make an ellipse selection
>> - Stroke the selection with a 2px solid line, and anti-aliasing checked
>> in the Stroke dialog: the line is jagged (at least on my Linux 2.6.8 and
>> 2.7.2, and on a Windows 2.8)
>
> I think this is a bug. A workaround is to stroke with the paintbrush
> instead.

This has always  been like this - it is due to selection, although not
feeling like
that, when we look at the marching ants, being rasterized - so all
stroking coordinates
are quantized to pixel centers.

>> - "Select/To path" and stroke the path with the same stroke parameters:
>> the produced line is smooth.
>>
>> Conversely, make a path, stroke it: the line is smooth. Create a
>> selection from the path and stroke it: it is jagged.
> Feather the selection after doing this and it should be smooth I think.
>
>> Btw, I also looked for a PDB entry to stroke a solid line on a path and
>> couldn't find any
>
> I'd suggest submitting a patch... :)

Indeed - not having a PDB entry for that  _is_ a bug.

   js
  ->,-