[Gimp-developer] Gimp choking on python invocation

Jon and Ofnuts, thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Guys, I think you got it the other way around:

First, it's my script which should be in control, not Gimp,

Second, when I tell Gimp
-----------------
img = pdb.file_jpeg_load(src_path, 1)
-----------------
I expect Gimp to open that image, then return back control to my script
with an image handler/reference stored in "img".

My problem is that Gimp does "not" do what the script says:
at that precise line, Gimp takes control,
and does NOT give it back (!!),
(from what I could see so far)
nor does Gimp tell me what's wrong with some meaningful error msg.
So it's not some complicated script, this is very simple stuff.
Up to that line, everything rocks, and the other lib (xmlrpc)
seem to work as expected (yeee!).

My problem is with Gimp not behaving and being silent about it !!

Obviously Gimp does not like xmlrpc for some reason,
because when I execute that script without the xmlrpc part,
everything rocks.
Worst is probably the "failing silently" part:
I have no idea what Gimp does not like
about xmlrpc's presence in my script...  does Gimp log errors somewhere?
I could not find gimp error logs on my system so far (I'm on ubuntu)

Anyway, thanks for your kind suggestions guys. Much appreciated!
vio

PS. Jon, after re-reading your post, I reiterate:
yes, script loads OK, and executes Ok.
Up to the Gimp line:
img = pdb.file_jpeg_load(src_path, 1)
I'm assuming this because I get "print" msgs up to that point,
and nothing after that. So I'm guessing it's a Gimp problem.
Why does Gimp choke on that line?? Couldn't figure it out yet...