Re: [Gimp-developer] Feedback and personal comments about Gimp 2.8

--- En date de : Lun 19.11.12, Michael Schumacher <schumaml gmx de> a écrit :

> > IIRC I started with a blank profile but I don't exclude I did that by
> > accident. Look, I'll wipe out my current profile and check again to make sure.
> > (I'm currently not able to do that right now but in a couple of hours.)
>
> Please don't do that. Wiping your profile in order to solve
> problems is similar to cleaning up a crime scene to make it
> more cozy for the cops; you'll destroy evidence that can be
> crucial to determine whether there might be a bigger problem
> than a configuration setting.

LOL.

Sorry, I didn't write but of course backing it up was implied. Also, as I haven't used Gimp 2.8 thoroughly (barely at all to be honest) my current configuration is close to the defaults, except I've probably been fiddling with the settings more than I have used Gimp to paint.

In the end starting with a blank Gimp profile will definitely tell if my tablets are handled properly or not from scratch. If they work properly from a blank profile then I must have saved the state of the eraser along. Or if I still need to assign the eraser tool to the eraser with a blank profile then Gimp must be doing something wrong. In both cases I don't care my Gimp profile for all I have done so far is just mess with just a few settings.

> See http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-tool-options
> for what I have in mind. You can save the settings there
> once, or have them saved on exit. I'm not 100% sure if this
> saves the tools per device (have to get back to my tablet to
> try it myself), but at least it is an option to try.

Good. Will check that, thanks.

Cheers,
Vince C.