Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> it is.  But I don't think that an option to allow saving to a non-XCF
> file is fundamentally changing GIMP, either.

Robert, it's been stated so many times why it _is_ a fundamental thing :)

XCF is always the internal state of the document. Images get imported
into an internal XCF, not opened and manipulated directly.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org