Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

Alberto Mardegan (mardy users sourceforge net) wrote:
> On 11/16/2012 12:54 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> >>   I'm not here to reignite the discussion about the new save/export
> >> behaviour, don't worry. :-)
> >
> > and
> >
> >> So, given the inconcialiability of the opinions in the same UI, I
> >> propose to have an option in the preferences dialog to go back to the
> >> old behaviour (with the 2.8 behaviour as default).
> >
> > are mutually exclusive statements :)
>
> No, they aren't: I'm not proposing to remove or change the current
> behaviour. I'm proposing to add a configuration option (I don't care how
> hard it is to find) to re-enable the old behaviour.

We discussed adding a configuration option and decided against it, for
reasons discussed in earlier threads about this.

> So, it's an addition that doesn't collide with the UI decisions already
> taken.

It does.

Sorry for being terse, but we've been there...

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/