Re: [Gimp-developer] Merging visible paths via scripts

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion mpc com br> wrote:

> Indeed - there are no vectors merging calls whatsoever on the PDB -
> for the time being, the only way to merge vectors using a script or plug-on is
> to explictly adding strokes read from other vectors to another vector.
> (using gimp-vectors-stroke-new-from-points ).

I suspected this, now I have confirmation.

> Coding an algorithm that loops through an image vectors, cehck which
> are visible, and for each visible vectors object, read its strokes,
> and add them to the target vectors is the way to go. Other, higher
> level languages, can make this task easier than in scheme - like
> Python.

That's a good suggestion. Hence I think that for this purpose I will
try to operate with Python as soon as I have learned to handle this
language sufficiently.

> On the other hand, indeed, there should be some support for that on
> the PDB - could you open a bug at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/ asking
> for this feature?

I don't know if I really can. In fact, unless rules have changed
recently (can you confirm?), whenever in the past I have tried to open
any bugs of this type at Bugzilla Gnome, I was responded that wished
features are not real bugs but they must be submitted in this mailing
list instead.

> Maybe you could even come to do some work on its developement on a
> nearby future, in order for it to be in gimp 2.10.

At present I'm only skilled in scripting, but I hope one day to become
able to edit the source code too. If and when I succeed, I shall not
fail to contribute to this feature. Thanks for the proposal.