Re: [Gimp-developer] High bit depth processing

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Partha Bagchi wrote:

> Thanks Alexandre. If I understand the chart, one cannot open 16-bit
> tiff yet? Which format can be opened in 16-bit?

16bit PNG can be loaded and saved
EXR opens as 32bit float, but is saved with 16bit precision.

Simon already evaluated porting TIFF loader to GEGL, but I couldn't
understand a single word through lots of swearing in German, and
that's after having studied German since I was a lad :) The general
idea, however (if I got it right), is that the file format is messy,
so is the original code. In other words, it will take some time to get
this done. As usual, patches are welcome.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org