Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp.org IE10 Compatibility (Microsoft) (Ref# 679773)

On 03/21/12 20:35, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:
Hi Charles

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 08:02:41PM +0000, Charles Ikeomu (MP Tech Consulting LLC) wrote:
Reference #: 679773 Description of the Problem: Application fails to
display the content of IE webpage while grabbing web page through
screenshot

Expected Result: Contents of webpage should be displayed properly
while grabbing webpage through screenshot.  Actual Result: Contents
of webpage are not displayed while grabbing webpage through
screenshot.

Developer Notes:  The application can solve this problem by first
getting the DC of the desktop and then cutting out the portion
covered by the IE window.  We use this exact method for grabbing
screenshots for our DRT

Please let me know if you have an estimated timeframe to address this
issue, and if our team can further assist in this process.

GIMP is a free software project. Anyone can write code and contribute
modifications to it.

The source code for the Windows screenshot plug-in is here:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/plug-ins/common/screenshot.c

If any of your developers who have diagnosed this problem are willing
to help fix this issue, please ask them to contact us in the #gimp IRC
channel on irc.gnome.org.  We'll provide instructions on how to compile
GIMP for Windows, and they can then modify the screenshot plug-in's
source code to fix the problem. This would be the most straightforward
thing for you and us, as you have the environment to reproduce whatever
bug you are facing.

Kind regards,

Mukund

Hi Charles,

Mukund forgot to add , could you provide a timeline for how long it will take your team to the plug-in ?

regards, gg