Re: [Gimp-developer] An update on the menu search

The correct git repo-
https://github.com/ssvz4/gimp-tito

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Srihari Sriraman wrote:

>> Also, do you have a public Git repo or something?
>
> We do now - https://github.com/ssvz4/tito

Oh..kay... This is going to be a bit of an issue. It looks like you
are changing stuff on top of a code from a tarball or a Git snapshot.
In that case merging your changes is going to be an issue, because by
the time you end the project, the upstream project will move further,
and thus merging your changes is going to be pain in the arse.

We recommend working on top of the current Git master and merging
upstream changes to your branch and publishing all of it.

> Talking of improvements, we're thinking of regex, adaption, vocabulary,
> auto-complete, hierarchy based search, etc.

Depending on what exactly you mean with regex this could be an
overkill, especially since there are so many of variants of it :) The
rest needs at least a rough spec. We are passing most/all UI changes
through Peter Sikking who is our UX architect, and I'm heavily betting
that right now he's preparing one of his (in)famous Stern Looks for
you :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org