[Gimp-developer] suggestions

Here are the suggestions:

1- When you are using the scale or rotate tool and try to insert a guide, it
doesn't close the tool.

You mean, the suggestion is to _not_ close thew tool? :)
Yes, that's it! I thought that could work well with my other suggestion, snapping the guides to the layer edges or center.

2-How about "snap to layer edges", which creates guides at all 4 edges of all layers. (See [1] )

Well, I thought of something that would not create guides... I know that there is an option to create guides in all 4 corners of the layer. I thinking in something that would not create the guides, rather give the ability for the user to snap in the corner he/she wishes.

3 - add the option to autocrop layers to their limits (the same thing like
when you do 'alpha to selection' then 'layers -> crop to selection')
whenever you change it.
To autocrop in which cases? Transformation tools already have that.
Well, I was thinking in something like this: If this option is enabled, the layer bounds will be the entire image if there is nothing on it. If there is a brush stroke, painting, or anything in the layer, immediatly after that gimp automatically crop the layer bounds to the limits of the brush stroke/painting or whatever. I am thinking in the behaviour of layers in photoshop, to be honest.

4 - add a checkbox button in the scale tool for scale from center. Maybe add
also a keyboard shortcut for it.
This is already in works and will be available in the new unified
transform tool, except it will be called differently. See
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Transformation_tool_specification#pivot
for reference.

Good to know it! Can't wait to see it done.

Thanks for the answers! I think the snap to layer border may be a good implementation. I will try to do the coding.

freewanderer