Re: [Gimp-developer] present xcf as what it is, a gimp project file format

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 21:59 +0200, yahvuu wrote:

> A pop-up  is certainly appropriate for preventing _accidental_ data loss via Close.
> But for Force Close, i see no justification to interrupt the train of thought by
> raising a pop-up.

Years ago I used a mailer called elm, in which "x" was the eXpunge
command for saving changes.

Then I moved to mutt, in which "x" meant "quit immediately without
saving anything."

Similarly, I used Sun's "mailtool" open look UI mailer for a long time,
in which shift-return moved you to the start of your message, e.g. so
you could review it before sending... when I switched to gnome
evolution, shift-return sends the message without prompting.

In a project-based workflow a "force quit" might leave a journal on disk
that can be used to reconstitute changes. Otherwise, I want the
dialogue, especially if it tells me the filename I last exported to as
well as when I last saved.

A compromise might be to add a Force Quit menu item but not give it a
keybinding by default.

Liam