Re: [Gimp-developer] What about switching from Gtk+ to Qt

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 02:11:20 +0200
Malix <malix0 gmail com> wrote:

> I already know that this post will generate a lot of flames. Next step of
> the project is the porting of the code to Gtk 3, why instead not switching
> away from gtk and go with Qt? And also leave autohell and switch to make?
>
> You can think that I'm just kidding but consider those two blog post
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2012/07/23/self-congratulating-echo-chamber/
>
> http://blog.mardy.it/2012/05/from-g-to-q.html?m=1

Ciao Massimo,

I am not sure how deep you are in using Qt as a developer.

I like Qt very much, as much as I like the Gimp, but believe me: Porting Gimp to Qt would be a very big and time-consuming task - and to do it RIGHT it would require re-design of big areas of code ...

Are ressources for that available? Who could lead and participate in such a big project?

IMHO it makes more sense to go on making Gimp better by fixing bugs, but of course that is just my personal opinion.

Cheers
Karl-Heinz