Re: [Gimp-developer] How to get a region of connected pixels?

Thank you very much Rob Antonishen. The gimp_fuzzy_select() is the exactly I want to hear as the answer. Now I'm ready to start hacking. Cheers. :-)

From: Rob Antonishen <rob antonishen gmail com>
To: Astaroth Calibur <astarothcalibur ymail com>
Cc: "gimp-developer-list gnome org" <gimp-developer-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] How to get a region of connected pixels?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Astaroth Calibur wrote:
> For that purpose, I think I need to get a region of connected pixels using
> flood-fill algorithm. Anyway, I hope there is/are API function(s) which can
> simplify my work. Any of you guys would give me a worthy direction, advice,
> or whatever?
>
> Thanks in advance.

gimp_fuzzy_select

Input:
DRAWABLE    drawable    The affected drawable
FLOAT    x    x coordinate of initial seed fill point: (image coordinates)
FLOAT    y    y coordinate of initial seed fill point: (image coordinates)
INT32    threshold    Threshold in intensity levels 0 <= threshold <= 255
INT32    operation    The selection operation: { ADD (0), SUB (1), REPLACE
(2), INTERSECT (3) }
INT32    antialias    Antialiasing (TRUE or FALSE)
INT32    feather    Feather option for selections
FLOAT    feather_radius    Radius for feather operation
INT32    sample_merged    Use the composite image, not the drawable
Returns: nothing

This tool creates a fuzzy selection over the specified image. A fuzzy
selection is determined by a seed fill under the constraints of the
specified threshold. Essentially, the color at the specified
coordinates (in the drawable) is measured and the selection expands
outwards from that point to any adjacent pixels which are not
significantly different (as determined by the threshold value). This
process continues until no more expansion is possible. The
antialiasing parameter allows the final selection mask to contain
intermediate values based on close misses to the threshold bar at
pixels along the seed fill boundary. Feathering can be enabled
optionally and is controlled with the "feather_radius" paramter. If
the sample_merged parameter is non-zero, the data of the composite
image will be used instead of that for the specified drawable. This is
equivalent to sampling for colors after merging all visible layers. In
the case of a merged sampling, the supplied drawable is ignored.If the
sample is merged, the specified coordinates are relative to the image
origin; otherwise, they are relative to the drawable's origin.