Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp 2.8 prohibitively slow

>Slow rendering in 2.8 has nothing to do with GEGL.
...but with what ? not because of refactoring towards full GEGL integration ?

I was thinking that this side effect is a normal stage for a software
in transition and I was trying to temperate a bit the "GIMP 2.8 is
slow" trend. But trying to do good seems to be wrong.
Anyway, nothing is perfect, at least for you Alexandre - so let's
(unnecessary) complicate the topic, if not related to GEGL transition,
in a logical consecution next question is - why is slow then ?.

>I'd like to know what developers know that :)

Now this is the real point over the pretty letter I.
Well, you are free to ask them all -  who am I to stop you ?
Probably not just developers but all peoples who changed 2.6 for 2.8,
but go on, ask developers just to be sure.