Re: [Gimp-developer] Fwd: something's starting, it is the text tool

Am 13.01.2012 19:05, schrieb Partha Bagchi:
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM, peter sikking<peter mmiworks net>  wrote:
Partha Bagchi wrote:

What's wrong with the tool as it stands now? Looks good to me for what
I do with text. My main focus is photography.
tell us what we what you do with text, and we can tell you
if the text tool is good enough.

that is the right order of doing things.

    --ps

            man + machine interface works

        http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture

Usually I add banner text (like a greeting card) and similar usage. I
find the text tool quite usable for that purpose.
I never really used the text-tool in Gimp. In comparison to other programs it is quite hard to handle, but good enough for simple tasks. If i need to include more then one line of text inside an image, then i export the image and add the text with another program. It may be Inkscape, OOO, or something else that allows vector graphics like operations.