Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.8 Feature Request (2)

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> wrote:
> I suggest a preference,
> default export format:
>   [same as imported file]
>   [same as last export]
>   [tiff]
>   [jpeg]
>   [png]

The current spec states
1. Last export on this file
2. Last export on any file
3. png

That's so mindbogglingly annoying, but yeah found out last night that
this is how it was specked and there have been rows over this before.
I hacked up a quick patch to change that to:

1. Last export on this file
2. Last export on any file
3. Import type
4. png

its a tiny patch and man did that make my life nicer.

http://to.who.ee/0001-app-Add-import-type-as-third-preference-on-Export.patch
<- link to the pack. its very easy for those who build git to maintain
their own miniforks ;)

--
--Alexia