Re: [Gimp-developer] RFE: single window mode: always show tab

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 16:20 -0800, Patrick Horgan wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 05:23 AM, Przemyslaw Golab wrote:
> > I think the same as Martin.
> >
> > 99% of time I work on one document.
> > For me those few pixels are more useful than non-flickering window,
> > especially because current tabs are big :)
> +1  This is something I've been mulling over in general for a long
> time.  Monitors used to be near square, but now they are all MUCH wider
> than they are high.  Somehow we need to use less valuable vertical space
> and more horizontal space for UI elements.  The problem comes in when
> you have text involved.  While you COULD have tabs down the side with
> the text rotated appropriately, people wouldn't like it.  They like to
> read normally.  Hmmmm.

Just to make life more interesting, the rotated direction differs
depending on which side of the Atlantic you're on.  USA likes text to
read from top to bottom, Europe likes text to read from bottom to top.
Just look at the spines of books in your library.

--
Jeff Trefftzs
http://www.trefftzs.org