Re: [Gimp-developer] RFE: single window mode: always show tab

On 01/04/2012 05:23 AM, Przemyslaw Golab wrote:
> I think the same as Martin.
>
> 99% of time I work on one document.
> For me those few pixels are more useful than non-flickering window,
> especially because current tabs are big :)
+1  This is something I've been mulling over in general for a long
time.  Monitors used to be near square, but now they are all MUCH wider
than they are high.  Somehow we need to use less valuable vertical space
and more horizontal space for UI elements.  The problem comes in when
you have text involved.  While you COULD have tabs down the side with
the text rotated appropriately, people wouldn't like it.  They like to
read normally.  Hmmmm.

Patrick