Re: [Gimp-developer] git print dialog doesn't see CUPS printers

2012/1/2 Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel graphics-muse org>
On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 19:36 -0500, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> You may need to install the CUPS development package and rerun configure
> (remove config.cache first).

My build script does a "make distclean" before building, which should
cover the config.cache.  Also, I already have cups-devel installed.

I built 2.7.3 via git but still have the problem.  I can't build 2.7.4
or HEAD because of some dependency issues (long story).  So I guess it
just isn't going to work until I upgrade to F16.  Maybe.  Or find an F14
RPM of pcre 8.11 (to resolve glib dependencies).

I have the same problem as you with Ubuntu 11.04, thus maybe it's not specific to your version of Fedora. Incidentally, to be able to compile the git version, I was forced to delete the system *.la files in /usr/lib and /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu. This being done, and once the dependencies are compiled in the proper order, I can update my GIMP installation once a week, or more.

Thus maybe we should file a bug about this weird behavior of the Image: File -> Print entry?

Olivier Lecarme