[Gimp-developer] OpenCL / CUDA plugin development

Hi

I'm considering participate in Google Summer of Code. I'm using Gimp for seven years, so I thought I could help develop this project. Actually I learn CUDA technology and I'd like to know if there is demand for CUDA or OpenCL in Gimp? I was thinking about re-writing some plugins to gain better performance. Will gimp participate in 2012 GSoC and will be possible to develop something on coming GSoC using OpenCL or CUDA?

Best regards

Lukasz Olender