Re: [Gimp-developer] Help with a Gimp 2.10 question

El 18/12/12 14:28, Paka escribió:
* jEsuSdA 8)<listas jesusda com>  [12-18-12 11:39]:

Hi Gez!

Great opinion and nice data. As I suppose, maybe Photivo will be the chosed.
Darktable will be fine, but there are no Windows version at the moment.

Being crippled by windows is not the end.  You can always install a linux
distro into a virtualbox (all free apps) and run photivo/darktable there.

+1
Pascal de Bruijn used to compile a custom Ubuntu LiveCD with bleeding edge Darktable. I'm not sure if he still does, and I don't know is they also include GIMP, Photivo or any other photo processing/retouching application.

Fedora has a custom "design spin" with graphics software and there are other distros with liveCDs with plenty of graphics packages.

I'd avoid windows. Although it's a system with a huge userbase (this also applies to free software for graphics), the performance and DE experience is generally inferior than gnu/linux's.

Apart from that, most of the windows installs you'll find are 32 bit, which is likely to be insufficient for high resolution image processing.

Gez.