[Gimp-developer] [usability wishlist] Fixing the off-screen immovable text tool

Hi list

Screenshot of the issue: http://i46.tinypic.com/1zmfn0g.png

If you try to add text to the right edge, part of the inline text tool is off-screen and so inaccessible.

To me, the bad initial positioning wouldn't be so bad if the tool were movable, but it's not.

To fix this, I would propose two things:
- adding smart placement, so it would always start fully visible
- making it movable, so the user can still move it to a better place

On the IRC I was told this wasn't a bug, so posting here for comments. Personally I consider it a usability bug ;)

- Lauri