[Gimp-developer] [usability wishlist] Overscrollable scrollbars

Hi list

On IRC it was pointed out I should've scrolled to outside the image area to do something. What exactly doesn't matter in this issue.

I find the middle-click-drag is not discoverable at all. The scrollbars, on the other hand, are the most discoverable tool for scrolling.

The scrollbars, however, don't allow overscrolling currently.

I would propose to let them overscroll by, say, 50% by default. This would improve usability in the situations when a new user needs to scroll outside the area, and doesn't know about middle-drag.

- Lauri