[Gimp-developer] Development environment

Hi,

as I'm currently getting deeper into GIMP development, I'm considering which tools to use beside the already known git, jhbuild, make, autotools etc. I mean which IDE, Git (GUI) client etc. do you use? Because I know that this question can lead to animated discussions, I'm explicitly not asking who has the greatest tool, but which tools *have proved* efficient and useful for you?

I already checked the mailing list archives and found some hints, but no exhaustive answer. I'd be glad if you could answer the following questions I mainly found at [1] (thanks to Massimo!). The answers would be a guide for other new contributors, too.

Q: What is the tool that you use for Gimp development (ex: Vim, Emacs, Eclipse, Netbeans, Anjuta, ...)?

Q: Does your development environment support direct compilation (answer Yes or No)? If so please explain how in the note (e.g. IDE/editor feature or with plugin x, script y, ...).
Note:

Q: Does your development environment support code completion (answer Yes or No)? If so please explain how in the note (e.g. IDE/editor feature or with plugin x, script y, ...).
Note:

Q: Does your development environment support documentation browser? (answer Yes or No)? If so please explain how in the note (e.g. IDE/editor feature or with plugin x, script y, ...).
Note:

Q: Does your development environment support debugging? (answer Yes or No)? If so please explain how in the note (e.g. IDE/editor feature or with plugin x, script y, ...).
Note:

Q: Does your development environment support code refactoring? (answer Yes or No)? If so please explain how in the note (e.g. IDE/editor feature or with plugin x, script y, ...).
Note:

Q: Does your development environment support Bugzilla integration? If so please explain how in the note (e.g. IDE/editor feature or with plugin x, script y, ...).
Note:

Q: What are the special benefits of your development environment?

Q: What are you still missing?

Q: Which additional comments do you have?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Sven

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-developer lists xcf berkeley edu/msg21662.html