Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP plugin registry website

On 08/26/2012 09:44 AM, Burnie West wrote:
On 08/24/2012 08:54 AM, Ingo Lütkebohle wrote:
Correct, its me ;_). There are definitely a number of issues, and I
unfortunately have very little time fixing them.

There are some users helping out with moderation (their registry ids
are photocomix, schumaml, mahvin), but something more substantial
probably needs to be done.

One current issue is that the site is exceeding its Mollom site limit
for a free site. Mollom is the spam service we're using, and when the
limit is exceeded, all posts are blocked.

Also, the registry has never been very easy to browse, and this
problem has become worse due to size. This is both an issue of finding
plugins/scripts, and of navigating the very deep comment hierarchies
that have been added to some of the plugin/script pages.
I've had a similar problem completely unrelated to GIMP - it's associated
with a complex legal case.
I failed to mention: the tool is "freemind" - released under GPLv2
        see freemind.sourceforge.net
I am almost finished working out a way to browse my system using this
tool. The released tool already works for "just" browsing; however, one
has to browse from the root node. The tool has to start from the root node.

My python script is a couple of pages; it browses my entire system
containing over 100000 entries (directories and files) in about ten seconds,
and then produces a tree of mindmaps of all the files and directories
under the current directory. I'm still working on the recursion through
a succession of mindmaps linked to a partial mindmap of the current directory.
I'm planning to release this script under GPL whenever I get it working

  -- Burnie