Re: [Gimp-developer] the Gimp lcms.c plug-in

My lcms2 plug-in now does do correct ICC profile conversions, from any
RGB color space, to any RGB color space, at 8-bit integer, 16-bit
integer, and 32-bit floating point.

However, to get it to work, I had to modify the babl/babl/util.h file.

After modifying the babl/babl/util.h file, 16-bit tiffs open
correctly. As you might recall, with the default util.h file, 16-bit
tiffs open with a mysterious and erroneous "gamma=2.2 correction"
having been applied. This tiff issue has nothing to do with the lcms
plug-in.

I realize that modifying a babl file might be a controversial move on
my part. But I would ask you to look at this web page before
dismissing what I've done:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/temp/gimp-lcms-5.html

The modified babl/babl/util.h code can be found here:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/temp/gimp-lcms-4.html

Elle

--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles and tutorials on open source digital imaging and photography