Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp 2.8.1 when?

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 13:25 -0400, Christopher Curtis wrote:

> But what's involved? GIMP releases are source-only,
I take it that you don't use the manual... and that you use GIMP in only
one language, and, further, that the language you use is US
English... :-)

In addition there are installers for supported platforms, not just a
source distribution.

There's also testing... including changes to dependencies in configure
scripts, for example.

> I would think that in an ideal world, one of the autobuilders would
> tag/branch each successful point-release build, then one of these (say, ~75
> days in) becomes the first -RC. That gives up to 2-3 weeks worth of RCs,
> assuming no calamitous test results.

That part is closer to what happens.

Encouragement is one thing... and of course a good thing... but being a
proactive release manager is another.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, 2012