Re: [Gimp-developer] translations

On Sunday, August 19, 2012, 18:37:56, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> Of course it's translatable. It's just for some reason we don't keep
> these file in the source tree (Inkscape does, for example), so
> translations aren't really available. You'd have to ask ender about
> that.

Actually, the files are in the source tree, but only in the 2.8
branch:
<http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/build/windows/installer/lang?h=gimp-2-8>

The messages seen here are specific to the GIMP installer only. Inno
Setup has it's own translations, though it already includes
Portuguese, so that doesn't have to be translated:
<https://github.com/jrsoftware/issrc/tree/master/Files/Languages>
English language file for Inno Setup is available here:
<https://github.com/jrsoftware/issrc/blob/master/Files/Default.isl>

Note that these language files must use the windows ANSI codepage for
that language (for most western languages this is cp1252).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The trouble with resisting temptation is it may never come your way again.
       -- Korman's conclusion