Re: [Gimp-developer] Reading and saving of 3D MPO files in GIMP

AL> I will write a mail to the author of the mpo splitting source code to
AL> ask him if it is possible to change the license to gpl v3.

He doesn't need to change the license, but rather just to clarify *which*
BSD license.

The original BSD license had an advertizing clause which was incompatible
with the GPL licenses.  The Revised BSD (aka 3-clause BSD) and the further
simplified 2-clause BSD licenses are both GPL-compatible.

Given the relatively young age of the code in question, it is likely that
he means the Revised BSD anyway, so it only should need clarification.

With such a clarification, there shouldn't be any reason to use the code
as the basis for a GIMP plugin or patch.

But do ask that he add a Copyright line to the .c file.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos jhcloos com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6