Re: [Gimp-developer] that typing business...

On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 08:27 +0300, Alexia Death wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Miles Bader <miles gnu org> wrote:
> > Wait, you look at the keyboard when you use it...?
>
> Hell yes. It's not blind typing. In GIMP you very seldom get away with
> one key. It's all two-finger or 3 finger shortcuts. Even Ctrl-S can
> pose problems without looking if you have two laptops that have
> alternating Ctrl and Fn key positions. Plays havoc on muscle memory,
> that one.

Hmm, I generally don't look at the keyboard, even when switching between
laptop and desktop, and generally work with one hand on the mouse and
one on the keyboard.

I taught myself some of the key sequences to navigate menus too, e.g.
alt-c c for curves, but then found they don't work in full screen mode;
it'd be great if Alt brought up the menu bar in full screen mode.

Liam