Re: [Gimp-developer] that typing business...

On 04/27/12 23:23, peter sikking wrote:
OK, I cannot resist quoting this review:

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/27/ubuntu_12_04_lts_review/>

it uses GIMP to discuss ubuntu’s HUD. but then:

‘Of course GIMP is an app that lends itself to the mouse so
switching to the keyboard to use the HUD isn't always faster.’

if a software reviewer, with (I postulate) nowhere near the
speed demands of our core users, can see the flaw, then...

yes, context is everything in interaction design,

     --ps

             man + machine interface works

         http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture

An interface that makes you drop your focus on the mouse pointer, look down at the keyboard and them back at a different part of the screen to see whether it has found a match ...

We called it heads up display because once you lowered your head(s) to look at the keyboard, you'll need to raise your _heads up_ again.

Clever , no ?

/gg