Re: [Gimp-developer] Getting the recognition that GIMP deserves

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 10:09 -0800, Patrick Horgan wrote:
> I hope that we do continue with smart funny developer splashes even if
> they offend some.  I would be sad to find that the overly politically
> correct (imho) would be the ones that set the bar so low for the rest of
> us.  It's a part of open source to make jokes like that.  It always
> has.  Smart people think like that.  Please, Martin, don't make the
> decision not to ever do it again.  It would harm GIMP's soul.

Thanks a lot Patrick, the first useful mail in this thread.

It's amazing how whenever a topic requires zero knowledge
and only opinion, it's getting unbearable. I would hope
for that kind of mass-contribution when it comes to actually
doing some hacking.

Hate me, flame me, but these kinds of threads simply suck.

I hack for fun,
--mitch